Environmental Benefits of Remanufactured Cartridges
- Cartridge remanufacturing will eliminate more than 42,000 tons of plastic, metal and toner from the waste stream.
- Every cartridge that is remanufactured saves that core, consisting of approximately 2.5 pounds of industrial-grade plastic, from going into the waste stream.
- Industrial-grade plastic does not begin to degrade for at least 1,000 years.
- Over 100 million toner cartridges are dumped each year in the U.S. alone.
- Stacked end-to-end, cartridges thrown away each year would encircle the earth three times.
- Three quarts of oil are used to produce each new toner cartridge.
A boy in Guiyu, China sweeping toner from a printer cartridge. Many cartridges end up in cities like Guiyu, China where they are incinerated or dissolved with hazardous chemicals to extract residual metals. These processes contaminate the local air, soil and groundwater and one in ten children in Guiyu have birth defects due to this pollution.
Laser Business Solutions is committed to exceeding the expectations of our customers while preventing pollution and minimizing the environmental impact of our activities. Best practices include:
- Minimize our carbon impact
- Prioritize remanufacturing, reclaim as much reusable material as possible.
- End-of-life processing for all assets collected that cannot be remanufactured.
- Exceed global industry practices for responsible materials recycling and final disposition of electronics products.
- Laser Business Solutions is dedicated to continual improvement in all of its environmental activities. This is achieved through rigorous process management, employee empowerment and accountability for achieving all company goals and objectives.